Solspring® Organic Raw Extra Virgin
Cold Pressed Coconut Oil
Brain, Gut, Skin, Itch, Wound
Exclusively sourced from top-quality organic farms that adhere to holistic, regenerative growing practices with a strong emphasis on sustainability and ecological responsibility, our Solspring® Organic Coconut Oil sets the standard for extra virgin organic coconut oil in seven distinct ways:
- Certified organic to USDA standards by International Certification Services (ICS)
- Made from fresh, raw coconuts that are opened within 48 hours of harvesting
- Never produced from dried copra used in cheap oils
- Cold-pressed to preserve nutrients while avoiding the use of heat or solvents
- Produced without refining, bleaching, deodorization or hydrogenation processes
- Made without soy, gluten and genetically engineered (GE) ingredients.
- Exclusively formulated for stability for a long shelf life of two years or more and does not require refrigeration
Because the fresh coconuts in Solspring® Organic Coconut Oil are grown and processed organically, no potentially harmful synthetic fertilizers, additives or chemical solvents are used.
Made without heat processing, the fresh coconuts used in our Solspring® Organic Coconut Oil are first cold-pressed to make a coconut emulsion. After being chilled to help pull out the oils, the milk goes through a centrifuge, where the pure oil spins away from the water layer. This results in a pure and natural, unrefined and highly stable organic coconut oil.
The light, non-greasy taste of Solspring® Organic Coconut Oil is so delicious you’ll want to eat and apply it everywhere.
Click here for more extensive information on Dr. Mercola's Solspring Organic Raw & Extra Virgin Coconut Oil.
16 fl oz jar / net wt 13.6 oz / 385.5 g
32 fl oz jar / net wt 29.6 oz / 839 g
WHY IS COCONUT OIL GOOD FOR MY DOG?
Coconut oil is made up of a mixture of saturated, monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats. Together these 3 fats contain an impressive list of fatty acids. Many of these are Medium Chain Fatty Acids (MCFAs), including 48% lauric acid, 8% caprylic acid and 7% capric acid, plus myristic and palmitic acids.
Coconut oil also contains about 2% linoleic acid (polyunsaturated fatty acids) and about 6% oleic acid (monounsaturated fatty acids). It’s the MCFAs in coconut oil, especially the lauric acid, that give it such a powerful punch when it comes to your dog’s health.
Coconut oil helps with :
- Weight Loss - Adding coconut oil to your dog’s diet can balance the thyroid and help with weight loss. Your dog’s body can metabolize MCFAs to get an immediate boost of energy, enhancing athletic performance and helping with weight loss. The energy boost can also help with increased stamina.
- Disinfecting, Soothing & Healing Cuts, Wounds & Cracked Paw Pads - Natural antiviral, antibacterial, and anti-fungal properties makes it ideal as a natural topical antibiotic and the perfect alternative to
- Dry & Itchy Skin - Hydrates the skin and increases skin surface lipid levels. This makes it an effective moisturizer if your dog suffers from dry, itchy skin or has dandruff.
- Shiny Coat & Odour Control - Enhances your dog's coat, making it sleek and glossy and helps combat that ‘stinky dog’ smell.
- Brain Function - As your dog gets older, his brain may need a little extra stimulation to stay young. Improve cognitive function in older dogs by providing the brain with energy in the form of ketones, promoting good nerve and brain function and preventing dementia.
- Gut Health & Allergies - Comparing different oils, coconut oil showed the greatest impact in stopping the growth of yeast in the gut. It improves digestion and nutrient absorption, reduces inflammation and helps heal digestive disorders like inflammatory bowel syndrome and colitis.
- Natural Toothpaste - Thanks to its antimicrobial properties, coconut oil makes the perfect natural teeth cleaner. It helps eliminate the harmful bacteria that live in your dog’s mouth. This can help prevent plaque from forming and avoid dental disease.
- Fleas & Ticks - One little known use of coconut oil is to repel insects like fleas and ticks. It smells pleasant and is completely non-toxic. Just rub it into your dog’s coat before going for a walk in the woods to help repel ticks. Research shows that it can even help naturally eliminate mites that cause mange.
INGREDIENTS + DIRECTIONS
Organic Virgin Coconut Oil. Contains Tree Nuts (Coconut).
DOGS Dogs Naturally recommends a daily dose of up to 1 teaspoon per 10 lbs / 4.5 kg of body weight. You might want to start at just ¼ of that amount and work your way up to avoid loose stools. Most dogs don’t mind the taste of coconut oil and will eat it happily.
CATS PetMD recommends a daily dose of up ¼ to ½ teaspoon for an average-size cat. Other vets recommend starting with as little as ⅛ teaspoon to avoid loose stools.