Itchy skin is one of the most common issues dogs suffer from so the last thing you want to do is use products that just add to the problem.
During high allergy season itchiness can be caused by a variety of problems. Excessive itching is frustrating for dogs and their owners and can lead to skin damage such as bald patches, open or broken skin or thick leathery patches when the surface of the skin is compromised. Our Itch Soothe Topical Spray and Shampoo are both designed to help relieve itching across a range of conditions.
They are different from anything else on the market. Both products are made from a blend of botanical extracts with high levels of bio-actives created using a new and innovative ‘cellular level’ extraction process. These powerful bio-active ingredients contain Quercetin (a natural antihistamine), Vitamin C (a natural healer) and (in the Topical Spray) Anethole (a natural pain relief). Together these help soothe and calm dogs’ itchy, sore skin and stop excessive scratching, chewing, biting and licking. The bio-actives are combined with essential oils that are antibacterial, antifungal and soothing to further help reduce inflammation and discomfort brought on by allergies.
Field trials were conducted in early 2015 where a number of dog owners were asked to rate their dogs’ itchiness on a scale from 1 (not that itchy) to 5 (itches like mad). They then trialled the spray on their dogs for 2 weeks – the majority of the dogs went from a 5/4 down to 1/0 (0 = didn’t itch at all). A few that were 3s also went down to 1 or 0.
WashBar products are completely free of any nasties or synthesised ingredients, contain no synthetic fragrances, and are alcohol free.
Very safe for pet owners who suffer from allergies or irritations as the ingredients are all natural.
All ingredients are ethical, natural and fully traceable.
MANUKA + KAKADU ITCH SOOTHE SHAMPOO
The WashBar range of natural shampoos is different from the other options out there.
Different and better. Special even.
WashBar shampoo is a luxurious and natural experience – not just for your dog, but for you as well.
Designed with your pets health in mind, we took the time to get it right and it’s those careful choices of ingredients that make WashBar’s range of Natural Shampoos so special.
- Gentle yet effective cleanser to calm skin and bring out the best in your dog’s coat.
- Specially designed for all types of dogs coats – the free-flowing consistency is easier to work through coat and rinses out easily.
- No parabens, no sulfates, no synthetic fragrances, no artificial colours, no alcohol and no palm oil derivatives.
- Natural ingredients.
- Suitable for dogs, cats, horses, guinea pigs, rabbits, chickens, cattle and more! It will leave your pet with a healthy, shiny and fresh-smelling coat.
Many pet shampoos are made with chemical ingredients – sulphates and parabens and artificial fragrances. WashBar is a much simpler, safer and natural way to wash your dog.
INGREDIENTS Water, Saponified Organic Sunflower & Coconut oils, Glycerine (organic), Argan Oil, Manuka Pure Essential Oil, Lavender Pure Essential Oil, Karanja Oil, Kakadu (Vitamin C) Extract, Guinea Flower (Quercetin) Extract, Potassium Citrate, Citric Acid
SIZE 250 ml
INSTRUCTIONS Using shampoo is pretty straightforward, but the easiest way to use WashBar Natural Shampoo is:
- Wet your pet thoroughly down to the skin
- Warm water is always better than cold
- Pour a little shampoo onto their coat and massage in to work up a good lather all over
- Add more shampoo as you need it, depending on size of pet
- Give the pet a really good massage, this is meant to be enjoyable
- Rinse coat thoroughly
- Dry your pet with a fresh towel, give them a pat and tell them how good they are
IMPORTANT As with any soap, please keep out of eyes. In the unlikely event of any skin reaction to this product, discontinue use.
MANUKA + KAKADU ITCH SOOTHE TOPICAL SPRAY
When your dog is suffering with itchy skin, it’s important to stop the scratching to begin the healing process. Start by spraying them with WashBar Itch Soothe Topical Spray for instant relief, and then use the Itch Soothe Shampoo for bathing.
- The topical spray provides convenient instant relief to itching
- Comes in a small spray bottle to make it easy to carry, and apply without mess on fingers
The spray uses three powerful bio-active botanical extracts to help soothe and calm dogs’ itchy, sore skin and stop excessive scratching, chewing, biting and licking:
- Anethole a natural pain relief
- Quercetin a natural antihistamine
- Vitamin C a natural healer
The spray also contains Manuka & Kanuka hydrosols as well as Lavender pure essential oils – all ingredients that are antibacterial, antifungal and soothing to helpreduce inflammation and discomfort brought on by allergies.
INGREDIENTS Water, Manuka Hydrosol, Kanuka Hydrosol, Lavender Pure EssentialOil, Karanja Oil, Kakadu (Vitamin C) Extract, Aniseed Myrtle (Anethole) Extract, Guinea Flower (Quercetin) Extract
SIZE 125 ml
INSTRUCTIONS Shake bottle and spray liberally onto any area where the dog is itching, irritated or the skin is red. For dogs with thicker coats part the hair as you spray to ensure skin contact.
Apply as often as required until itching settles.
IMPORTANT Please keep out of eyes. In the unlikely event of any skin reaction to this product, discontinue use.